Monday, November 9, 2015

Test Day

The interesting thing about test day was that it was actually a lot less stressful than all of my practice days. I just remember really calm during the entire thing, like it wasn't a big deal.
  • Get there early. I got there around 6:45 for my 8AM test and I was actually able to start at 7:30, which is great because I was able to get it over with. 
  • Make sure you read up about all of the test procedures before you go. There's some things that might intimidate you, like getting finger printed and needing to get your thumb scanned whenever you leave the room. Just make sure you prepare yourself mentally for that day by reading all of AAMC's tips.
  • I always practiced my tests with the same foods. I always had mango slices between section 1&2, a sandwich and apple for lunch break with blue gatorade and a granola bar and *sometimes* expresso shot before the last section if I needed it. It actually really helped me get in the game mentally to always go to Ralphs the day before and shop for my MCAT meals.
  • In the end, MCAT day comes and goes and you don't really remember much. It just happens! And the you're done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment